I wish I had taken this picture, but actually, it is my dad's picture from Spain. However, the processing is mine. Already applying the latest tips and tricks from Neil.
I don't have a lot of technical details about this picture, but here they are:
- EQ6/Atlast Mount
- Quadriplet Refractor 80mm FL=480
- Canon 20Da for image adquisition
- Guiding: PHD on similar setup to ST-80
- Darks were automatically added at the time of taking the picture
- Total luminosity/sub exposure is 1 hr.
Now, for Processing, I used DSS (no darks, no flats, no bias) just high res. JPEG's that I received in a CD-ROM over snail-mail from Spain. I used Photoshop, Carboni, and GradientXTerminator for processing. I was able to identify a G type star for white balance, so that made color calibration a lot easier but it was pretty much an effort on Levels and Curves stretching and massanging it.