IMAGING FOLLIES AT NEIL'S......................
Didya ever have one of those nights when it was supposed to be transparent and wasn't? When your tracking didn't track, your Goto didn't go to, your declination axis didn't declinate, and your autoguider didn't autogude? No? Well, Bunky.....then you've been one lucky SOB.
Got together at Neil's house last night, along with Richard from our astronomy club. The conversation was great. It's always more fun to have other's to talk to and commiserate with when things go sideways.
I was going to target M106, but it was straight overhead. Kneeling on the ground, bending backwards to see into my finder got to be too big a chore, so I settled for M13 instead. Theoretically, it is a fairly easy subject.....although that can be deceiving. I shot about 1 1/2 hours of it, but by the time I eliminated poor frames (tracking errors), I ended up with just a tad over an hour.
I clearly need some new Flats. They didn't remove the dust circles in processing. The background is uneven as well, and the center is a bit overexposed.
I am not too unhappy with the stars....other than the green tint of the cluster stars. I will take some new flats and try to solve the color issue in the next few days, but for now here is what I got.
Main scope: Orion 6" imaging Newtonian
Guide scope: Orion 80mm ST refractor
Mount: Celestron CG5 GT GoTo
Main camera: Canon 350D (unmodified)
Guide camera: Orion StarShoot II color
Captured in Nebulosity
Guided by PHD guiding
Aligned and stacked in Deep Sky Stacker
Processed in Photo Shop Elements with Carboni Tools, Gradient Exterminator
M13: #1 slight crop, 31 x 2 min #2 color varient 34 x 2 min cropped #3 color varient 34 x 2 min #4 varient 34 x 2 min, heavy crop All shot at ISO 800