Tonight I leveled the scope and did a more careful polar alignment. But then I got impatient and did only a one star alignment. (I can hear the groans now) LOL I am continuing to use a borrowed CG5 mount in place of my NexStar 4se mount. Major difference!
At any rate, the tracking was quite good......at least for me. This time I had problems with the camera. It kept turning off......loose USB connection at the camera, and the exposure setting controls were acting up. I also had to visually bring objects into the FOV. A one star alignment, it turns out, isn't terribly accurate.....but I have only myself to blame for that. The other night when I used a 2-star alignment with a thrid calibration star, it put objects dead center.
I spent a lot of time trying to get a decent image of M81. While the images are greatly improved over my previous attempts, I am still not happy with the results.
I think I got a pretty good image of M82. In fact, I had to tone down the raw unprocessed image a bit. I should try this object again with my 4" 1300mm Mak.......for a larger, more detailed image.
The sky looked okay for the most part with a few high, filmy clouds drifting over at times. Lots of sky glow in my location.
Image of M82: 51 subs @ 15 sec per sub. 80mm short tube refractor on a CG5 mount...unguided. Meade original DSI color......captured and processed in Meade Autostar Suite and finish processed in Photo Shop Elements.