The struggles continue. I got a late start tonight.......didn't get out till well past 11pm.....and then it took me a while to put my scope together, gather up tables, cords, laptop, etc. By the time I got everything set up and the scope aligned [alt-az] it was near midnight. Although the scope display indicated that the alignment was successful, the Goto feature was way off the mark on every attempt, and the tracking was poor......not sure what's wrong.
My first target was M13. Moderately successful for me, but had difficulty with focus and field rotation due to the Alt-az alignment. I am still reviewing the various RGB sequences, but did manage to get one image quick-processed.
Next, I spent over an hour trying to get M81 [Bode's galaxy] lined up. Turns out it wasn't worth the effort. I took 15 sequences, and none of them came out very well. The central core of M81 is quite bright but the structure is rather faint. I will need better tracking, more and longer subs to get a reasonable image. Here is the best I have been able to draw out of my data so far today [4/13/08].
Finally quit at about 3am......although it was a warm day in the 70's here in the Northwest, by 3am it wasn't so warm......my teeth were chattering.